I had a mean craving for some Indian food and I had a can of chickpeas in the cabinet so I stopped at Whole Foods on the way home. They carry (in their ETHNIC FOOD AISLE) a bunch of organic (duh) spice packets. Just read the ingredients on the back, prepare, add spices, etc etc. I found a packet of Punjabi chhole, which is basically a bunch of ground up spices for chickpeas - coriander, cinnamon, cumin, black salt, regular salt, etc etc. Bought some cilantro, onion and tomatoes, made some jasmine rice and on the side, that's a little bit of plain sheep's milk yogurt w/ fresh pepper. I like the packaging and it's super creamy and good. Kind of a cross between cream cheese and yogurt.
I'll be eating like this for a while. I just bought a ticket to Frankfurt and I'm excited for this: Foodies take note: this is the place where you'll want to start your visit to Frankfurt. Fressgass is the nickname given to the stretch of Grosse Bockenheimer Strasse between Opernplatz and Börsenplatz – it's the only place in Germany with such a high concentration of delis, restaurants, cafes and gourmet shops. Charming little tables line the street, and there are several lively public events here through the year. And here's a fun tidbit: in German the word "fressen" means "to devour," such as a hungry animal might. The word "essen" on the other hand, is the more polite one usually used in reference to the human act of eating. It's a good example of the sometimes self-deprecatory Frankfurt humor!
And this: Frankfurt is famous for its Handkase mit Musik, a round cheese with onions marinated in oil and vinegar. As you might imagine, such a cheese makes for flatulence, and this, ladies and gentlemen, is the 'Musik'.
But in the meantime, homecooking.

1 comment:
Sounds baah-d ass. Get it, baah!!!
Post a Comment